Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Blufire Studio project for BYU


Once a year Blufire Studios awards BYU with a scholarship where they provide visual effects to one film.  This year Cricketless won.  Since I am an intern at Blufire Studios I was given the raw footage along with the Photoshop and Illustrator files and asked to composite the graphics into the film.  I was also responsible for the rotoscoping and animating of the graphics.  Visit the Cricketless website for more information about the movie.
I was responsible for a total of twenty-three 2-6 second long clips.  Below are some before and after stills of some of the shots I was responsible for.






I received three credits in the movie, Compositor /Rotoscope Artist /Motion Designer.
This was a great project and I learned a lot.
 


For higher quality video go to my Vimeo site here http://www.vimeo.com/robgilchrist.

2 comments:

  1. Cool. Would still love to see some in action. Have you tried Vimeo? The quality is better than youtube.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am on Vimeo... I'll post some links. Thanks for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete